Thursday 11 June 2009

Assertiveness training

You know, it's a good job Gail has me to stick up for her sometimes. 

I mean, take Tuesday night for example. As some readers already know, Tuesday is when I accompany Gail to her little informal 'Deutschklasse' round at Margaret's house. 

Well this week a new lady came along. A very nice lady, I am quite sure. So I couldn't believe it when she went and sat in GAIL'S CHAIR. Yes, the seat at table, by the window, where Gail ALWAYS sits! And even more unbelievably, Gail didn't object, just meekly settled herself down in TOTALLY THE WRONG PLACE!!

As you can imagine, I wasn't going to allow that. So I took it upon myself to engage the new lady in conversation. Apparently she speaks fluent French, English and German, so she should be able to understand Dog. In case she was a little deaf, I (considerately, I think) raised my voice. 

I am pleased to be able to tell you that soon enough, Gail and the new lady got up and swapped positions, and so I was able to relax again as usual. 

But really, Gail, what ever would you do without me??

10 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Gail is so lucky to have you!! Don't you just hate it when your peep tries to change anything about their life??

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

the magic sleigh said...

Gail needs to be a bit more assertive, but good thing she has you to stay on top of things and make sure everything is in its (or Her) proper place. I think you are more like a Sibe than I thought, good work Hamish!
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Martha said...

Oh Hamish, that was good work, it means Gail will be ready for the old folk's home and always have the same chair!!!!
Good that you were able to explain yourself so well - we dogs dont like change just for the sake of change!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Stella said...

Ah, Hamish, you are such a dashing fellow and so good to Gail.

Thank you for the very kind things you said on my blog today. You know, your description on your blog page lists your occupation as "companion". You can be my companion any day, Hamish, any day at all.

Kisses,
Stella

Rufus and Indie said...

Oh Hamish...is so sweet you worry about your mom!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

Maxmom said...

Ok now Hamish, we need to talk...
Don't tell mom, but methinks you will make a real good South African. You see,we can negotiate and arbitrate ourselves through anything and you got Mom to CHANGE CHAIRS!!! Hey, my boy, WELL DONE!
Lotsaluv Max &Co in Sunny SA

Asta said...

Guten Tag Hamish, hehehe
I'm so glad that you made youwself heawd and helped Gail out..She'd cleawly be lost wifout you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Lucia said...

Ciao bello Hamish!

You remind la mia ragazza so much of her Scottish Terrier, Jinks. Despite her, uh, compactness, Jinks was verrry protective of la mia ragazza and would rush to her defense whenever the situation demanded. It sounds as though you do the very same for Gail -- what a fantastico ragazzo you are!! Mwah!!!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

karensbrae said...

Well done for showing just how assertive westie's are!!!!
xx

TwoSpecialWires said...

Glückwünsche, Hamish!

That's where assertiveness will get you: in your rightful spot. We're glad it worked out well, and hope that Gail learned. Hopefully next week you'll have your spot right away.

Jake and Fergs