Wednesday 29 July 2009

The 'dogs with blogs' itchy skin cure...

These vets then. How many years is it they train? Ages and ages anyway.

So you'd think they'd come up with some good ideas when you tell them your skin's all itchy. I mean, I've had so many interesting suggestions from my bloggie pals this week.

In fact, I devised my own treatment plan, based on all your kind comments to my last post.

Hamish skin cure (courtesy of dogs-with-blogs)

As my paws are sore, I need to be taken everywhere in a bicycle basket, like Petey, which means also that I shall be out in the open air and so can more easily receive all those good vibes, get well energies, extra healing smoochies etc. (The ones sent from over the Pond or below the equator may be a little weak by the time they reach Eastern Scotland).

My first stop will be with new pal Eric Square Dog in London, where together we will sip eighteen year old Macallan whisky, wear knotted hankerchiefs on our heads to reinforce our 'old buffer' status, and perhaps take up Hoover's suggestion and wallow in a soothing bath of porridge. (If only Gail had Petey's Mom's artistic abilities - but you will just have to imagine the scene).

Next stop will be at dear friends Martha and Bailey Basset, as I understand they have arranged to win the lottery and kindly offered to share some of the money with Gail so she no longer has to go to that horrid 'work'.

Then there is some special healing cream stuff to pick up from Ludo.

We shall steer clear of the acupuncturist though (sorry Lisa). I mean, that's like being vaccinated, but a hundred times over all at once surely?

Last but not least, we shall visit with Stella, 'cos she is so lovely, and I just know that if I could spend time with her, I would feel much, much better right away.

So. Sounds pretty good, my plan, right? Why on earth then did the vet just give me all these boring old pills....

12 comments:

Martha said...

Hi Hamish
We expect we will need to win the lottery even sooner now to help Gail pay the vet for those pills. If he is anything like ours - very nice but very expensive!
We do hope they do the trick for you as it can be very annoying being itchy - no wonder you were feeling grumpy.
We did have some fun imagining the porridge bath and perhaps Petey's mum will be able to help us all visualise that with her particular magic.
Our mum is useless at these sort of things.
We will be hoping to hear that you have stopped being itchy soon.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Yes, what does the vet know when you can follow advices straight from the dogs mouth?
hm, no magic cream has arrived yet! So I hopes the medicines work in the meantime. Do you get yours in chicken, I does. Mum thinks I don't know they're there but i do, I just like chicken.

Asta said...

Hamish

I agwee you plan wif the help of youw DWB fwiends sounds so much bettew and I bet will wowk wondews.
I'm hoping to heaw you feeling wondewful vewy soon
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Asta said...

Hamish I have a pictoowe of you , I want tosend you.
Could you pleez send me youw peemail addy?

mine is
astawire@gmail.com
thank you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Hamish you need to check out this - http://scottishterrierdogs.blogspot.com/

Is that you at St. Andrews or is there an impersonator out there.

We hope all of those yucky pills help your feetsies get better. Just make sure Gail sticks them in a fig newton or a piece of cheese to help them go down easily.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

TwoSpecialWires said...

I'm gonna try at least some of your recommended remedies in the morning. Mom found out today that I have the itchies and she picked through my coat like a mama monkey does her baby. She found a couple of little black bugs she called fleas (we don't have enough oxygen for 'em to survive at home) and she gave me some pill that is s'posed to kill 'em dead away. What it did, though, was put me to sleep. And I didn't even have an ale to help bring on all that relaxation.

Keep us posted on your itchies. We're hoping they go away soon. You've got some great resources.

Jake (and Fergs)

Stella said...

How lovely that you would come and see me, Hamish. Oh, we would have a very nice time, I am sure of that. I have taken up your advice and given up tricks. I am just not a trick dog either. I am just me. So I hope those pills work good for you,and someone once told me a dunk in pennyroyal tea would help itchers.

Kisses,
Stella

ScrapsofMe said...

Hmmmm....pills....seems to be the pat answer to everything. Maybe if you wash em down with a lovely bit of the 18 yr old whiskey, then it won't seem so bad. Or hide em in a chunk of cheese...or better still, wash the chunk of cheese down with the booze.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hi Hamish, No no, the acupuncturist is nothing like jabs! The needle is tiny and you barely feel it and it moves all your "Chi" or energy so if your hotspots are hot, it takes the hot away! But I understand how the idea of needles all over could be scary-but it really isn't! Try the Olive oil then, I think you will like that!
XO Lisa

Eric said...

Your DIY treatment plan sounds just the ticket! Being taken everywhere in a bicycle basket befits a dog as superior as you.Hope you got Gail to order one lickety spit? And the tootsie bath of porrige - great idea - you can eat it afterwards! Salt or sugar with it Hamish? Too bad you ended up with boring old pills. Paws crossed they do the trick.

Wiry wags n kisses Eric xx

The Black and Tans. said...

Hamish we hope the pills sort out your itchy skin and you feel in fine fettle very soon.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

the magic sleigh said...

Pooor baby. I could lick you and make the itching stop! How would you like that? I love to wash other doggies. I am sure my Snoop would not mind.
-Kira The BeaWootiful