Saturday 31 January 2009

A couthy wee dog

I do have some admirers you know. 

We went to Duthie Park this morning and as I was having fun playing with a pretty golden retriever, this nice lady looked on fondly and told Gail I was "such a couthy wee fellow". 

Just thought I'd mention it. 

Oh, and by the way. An interesting linguistic point, which surely reflects well on us Scots. In England, I believe, only the negative form of the word, i.e. 'uncouth', is still in common use. 

Gail has just lifted her eyes to the ceiling and asked if I'm campaigning to be Alex Salmond's mascot. 

1 comment:

Stella said...

Hi Hamish!

Couthy vs uncouthy . . .now that is one I want to remember. I could tell the cat that she is most not couthy, and my Mom is very couthy. Yes, I like it.

Kisses,
Stella