Thursday 15 January 2009

Weighty issues

I think the German class ladies were making fun of me on Tuesday night. Rubbing my tummy and saying something about an "Abmagerungskur". Which I understand is a long (aren't they all?) German word for a diet.

You know, it's winter and my fur is growing thick and fast. "Not fat just fluffy" remember - 15 October 2008 post. Gail is muttering something. Oh. Apparently she doesn't believe that I've grown a kilogram's worth of fur since early December. I hate it when Gail comes over all logical and pedantic. There are distinct drawbacks to having a scientist in the house. Two actually, counting Naomi. I can't believe I've put on a kilo.

Although, come to think of it, when we went out for a walk in the pouring rain this afternoon, my coat did feel a little tight around the middle......

No comments: