Wednesday 15 April 2009

Normal service resumed

Well. At Last. Gail and her bicycle are back from Belgium. First of all I want to say a belated Happy Easter to all my blogging pals and to apologize for not having been in touch lately. You know how it is when the technical support goes on holidays.....

I also want to say a big thank you to Margaret and Jeffrey, and to Aaron, for taking care of me so kindly. I know I'm not always very good at showing my appreciation, but I have heard about those prison places some dogs go to when their owner is away, and I'm so grateful I've never yet been 'sent down'.

Gail took this photo of a cushion cover she saw in a shop in Bruges. She's trying to convince me that it shows how much she was thinking about me and missing me. As If. I know how easily her mind switches to chocolate, which I believe was the main reason for her choice of holiday destination.

Which reminds me. Must just sneak upstairs and have a sniff in her bag, before she unpacks. You never know.....

7 comments:

Stella said...

Welcome back, Hamish! We have missed you, and your quirky take on life.

That photo of the cushion is really gorgeous and if we had a Westie, we would want one.

Try to keep Gail at home for a while and stay in touch, will you?

Kisses,
Stella

the magic sleigh said...

Welcome back Hamish. We missed you! Did you find anything yummy in the bag?
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Martha said...

Hi Hamish
We missed you and glad you are back!
We like the cushion but nothing is as lovely as you.
We are also glad you did not have to go to kennels - Martha went and was left there for over six months!!! Not by us!
Yes, Hamish, you should visit Loch Lomond - there are so many beautiful places to go. We have a caravan and try to get round as many as possible!
Of course neither of us travel so well at the moment but thankfully getting a bit better.
We hope to goodness you got a present.....
Welcome home
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Penny said...

HAMISH,your back I missed you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Blogging just wasnt the same without you! That cushion looked super,very appropriate for a westie. Hope you like the changes I made to my blog,Oh and sorry about the colourful westies I hadnt thought about our folks getting ideas! WOOPS!=0 And happy belated Easter to you to. Did Gail get you any Belgian chocolate Easter eggs? Or any choccy treats??? My mommys a HUGE fan of Belgian choolate. Hope Gail had a lovely trip! So why dont you tell me how your Easter was???=]
Lots of Sloppy licks,Penny.=]

Cassie said...

Glad to have you back in blogland Hamish. That was a lovely cushion photo and it really does show your momma was thinking of you while away. Are you attending Asta's wheelie sister Myrna's wedding in Salzburg? Hootie and I will be there so we hope you will too. I'm sure there will be more dancing. Make sure to let Asta's momma know you are coming!
AireKisses & WelshieHugs,
BabyRocketDog & Hootie

Tee said...

Glad to see you're back Hamish! The photo of cushion is really a piece of art ... I bet Gail was thinking of yous while she was away ... you're her westie how else not to!

Licks and wags

Tuffy & The Dog WOods Pack

Martha said...

Hi Hamish
We would like to pass as Award to you on our blog if you would like it!
love
Martha & Bailey xx