Thursday 28 August 2008

Pulped fiction

Oh dear. I think I'm in disgrace. I really don't know what came over me.

It happened yesterday. Renate and Michael from Wester Alligin came to stay for the night in Aberdeen. My German friends, such kind people, how nice to see them. They brought their bags inside and then they went out with Gail, to a restaurant I guess. How sporting, I always think, of guests, to leave open the bedroom door so I can check out their belongings.

Well I had a good rummage around in Renate's bag. I thought I could smell something interesting in there, so it seemed worthwhile to conduct a thorough search, and lay out all the contents on the bedroom floor. It was all a bit disappointing, no biscuits, no cheese, no nothing. So I suppose I was feeling a smidge frustrated, which is why I had a little nibble at a paperback book I found. Just the cover you understand, not something I normally do but......

Everyone was so cross when they returned home and found the book. You'd think, if they'd been out stuffing themselves all evening they wouldn't begrudge me a bit of tasteless cellulose. But that's not how it went.

Renate and Michael left very early in the morning, without saying a word. I do hope it wasn't because of me. I am so sorry.

No comments: